‘Test infrastructure as code’ should really be part of your Test Strategy or testing game plan for the lack of one.
From experience working with docker and kubernetes, the top benefits for have been:
– easily manage the setup of Ci jobs,
– changes can be tracked and become the single source of truth,
– easily deploy test automation tooling such as selenium and pact infrastructure,
– manage Cloud costs effectively,
– setup and tear down Jenkins nodes with ease,
– easily chain jobs and share volumes if needed,
– deploying across regions, teams and environments are a breeze,
– setting up end to end development and test tooling for manual testing becomes quicker.
#automation #cloud #testing #jenkins #aws #azure #cicd #kubernetes #docker